Saturday 1 January 2011

Top Products of 2010

It's 1/1/11 :O
Happy New Year everyone! Hoping you all had a lovely new year, and that you all brought in the new year in style. My family and I were playing a quiz, and it was only when we all glanced at the clock which read 00:16 that we belatedly wished each other a Happy New Year. Fayul!

This year has been the year when I really started to get into beauty and makeup, and I thought I'd share my favourites from this year. Here we go...

1: Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Foundation
I've spoken about this one before, but hands down, it's the foundation of the year. Work perfectly with my oily skin and hides those nasty blemishes better than any concealer. Yup, safe to say I'll be repurchasing.

2: Bourjois Delide de Poudre Bronzing Powder
If you can look past the gimmicks which make this product irresistible, like the novelty packaging, the 'glints of sunshine' and its good-enough-to-eat smell, this is actually a very good product. My favourite bronzer of the year. Radiant enough to wear in the whole face, matte enough to use as a contour.

3: Beauty UK/ Claire's 10 pan eyeshadow palettes
Oh, how I love these. These colours are well pigmented and the majority is lovely and shimmery, which is ideal for a person of my tastes. You won't find better value for eyeshadows in the drugstore. Pure <3

4: Liquid Liner
This is Rimmel Glam'Eyes. My 2nd repurchase, most likely not the last.I started off the year wearing liner (badly) and I ended the year wearing liquid liner (hopefully, a little better). I love the process of liquid liner, as well as the end effect. A well drawn line looks chic, classy and emphasises your eyes. I look forward to a lot more lining in 2011.

5: W7 Perfect Eyes eyeshadows

Don't be fooled, these aren't Mac. Pretty darn good dupes though. On the left is Burnt Plum, on the right: Pebble. The texture of these eyeshadows is something you've never experienced before. They're so densely packed with shadow and big 'flakes' of glitter that they're almost wet? Which in turn brings out an astonishing intensity as well as payoff. Have I mentioned they're like £2. Yeah, s'what I thought...

6: ELF Studio Powder Brush

The title of the softest brush evah goes to this beauty, without a shadow of a doubt. The dense flat-top packs powder onto the face, but stops it from being in any way cakey. When people feel this brush all I hear is : "Oh, it's so...soft". Indeed, it is. And for £3.50, it's the best powder brush around.

7: Lip Smackers Lip Balms
I mentioned these in my Claire's Accessories post a while ago, and I still love them. They're so juicy, and give the lips a really nice, subtle flush of colour as well as moisture. The amount of flavours on offer is also a bit startling, it certainly brings out the indecisiveness in me!

8: Nude Lipsticks
L-R: L'Oreal Coleur Riche in 235 Nude, Bourjois in Sable Fin (most likely discontinued) and 17 Sheer Moisture in Balmy Beige.
When I started with lip products, I kind of got caught up in the Lollipop26 'hypernude' bandwagon, only to realise the lip-erase effect doesn't suit me. Thank the lord that I found a nice alternative. All these lipsticks are nude in theory, but their tones and textures make so much easier to pull off. The L'Oreal is a more muddy/dusky pink, and therefore adapts better to my natural lip colour, while the two others have such a soft peachy colour that you can just plop them on without even thinking about it. A thumbs up for these wearable nudes.

That concludes my top products of 2010. Do you agree with my choices? Or what are yours? Enjoy your New Year's day, and I'll take this opportunity to wish you happiness in 2011.


No comments: